01 March 2016

Dear March


Dear March - Come in - 
       
Dear March - Come in -
How glad I am 
I hoped for you before -
Put down your Hat -        
You must have walked -
How out of Breath you are -        
Dear March, how are you, and the Rest -
Did you leave Nature well -        
Oh March, Come right upstairs with me -
I have so much to tell -

I got your Letter, and the Birds -        
The Maples never knew that you were coming -
I declare - how Red their Faces grew -                
But March, forgive me -        
And all those Hills you left for me to Hue -        
There was no Purple suitable -        
You took it all with you -                
 
Who knocks? That April -
Lock the Door –
I will not be pursued -
He stayed away a year, to call
When I am occupied -
But trifles look so trivial
As soon as you have come,
That blame is just as dear as praise
And praise as mere as blame.
—Emily Dickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...