03 February 2014

Would You Like an Adventure?

Michael Llewelyn Davies dressed as Peter Pan, the character whom he inspired.

 "Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?"—Peter Pan

There's something so alluring about the word adventure. It conjures up all sorts of images: being on safari, speeding across a foreign country on a fast train, flying off to Neverland and battling with Captain Hook. Maybe because I haven't been traveling as much as I used to or because it's been so cold and dreary in New York, I've been dreaming about a new adventure. I'd love to take a trip to another country where I've never been but as that's not possible at the moment, I will have to settle for some smaller adventures like walking down an unknown street and exploring a new neighbourhood. How about you, dear readers. What adventures would you like to have?

P.S. The photo above reminds me that I should write a piece one day about the heartbreaking story of the Llewelyn Davies boys who were befriended by and served as inspiration for Peter Pan creator J.M. Barrie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...