21 February 2014

The Complete Hitchcock

A screening tonight of Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest (1959) at Film Forum marks the start of "The Complete Hitchcock," a five-week long series devoted to the films of the master of suspense including the "Hitchcock 9," his surviving nine silent films that were recently restored by the British Film Institute. I plan on seeing as many as I can although I'm trying to put some restrictions on myself (for example, if I own the film on DVD and have seen it on the big screen then maybe I should pass). I can't think of a better way to ride out the rest of this miserable winter than watching some classic films (especially the ones with Cary Grant) at my favourite cinema. Have a wonderful weekend and see you at Film Forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...