06 July 2013

Day 6: A Film That Reminds You of a Certain Event


Day 6 of the 31 Day Film Challenge: A film that reminds you of a certain event.

To some extent, all films remind me of a certain event. One example is Ridley Scott’s Thelma and Louise (1991). I was travelling around Europe and found myself in Paris for three weeks. Paris is filled with cinemas and is probably one of the best cities in which to go to the movies. One day I went and saw Thelma and Louise in V.O. (subtitles, no dubbing). I sat there, totally enthralled by the performances and stunned by the ending. I was especially moved by the scene when they’re driving through the desert at night, a vast open space with a sky filled with countless stars. I walked out never feeling more American or homesick than at that moment.

To find out more about the 31 Day Film Challenge, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...