24 July 2013

Day 24: Your "Guilty Pleasure" Film



Day 24 of the 31 Day Film Challenge: Your “guilty pleasure” film.

I love old movies and French films, but I also adore Jackie Chan. There is just something so endearing about him. He is by no means a great actor but he has a certain charm and warmth that is hard not to like. He genuinely appears to be enjoying what he’s doing and when he’s in action, performing his jaw-dropping stunts (some of which look like they may kill him), he can bring to mind Buster Keaton, the master of screen stunts. No wonder I like him.

I’ll watch anything with Jackie Chan in it (by the way, I can never refer to him without saying his full name) but one of my favourites is Tom Dey’s Shanghai Noon (2000). Set in the Wild West, Jackie Chan is an imperial Chinese guard who has come to rescue a kidnapped princess and ends up partnering with laid back train robber Owen Wilson along the way. The script is funny and the chemistry between Jackie Chan and Wilson great. It’s one of those films that if I’m ever flipping the channels and it’s on, I’ll stop what I'm doing and watch it. What can I say? I'm a fan of Jackie Chan. 

To find out more about the 31 Day Film Challenge, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...