16 July 2013

Day 16: A Film That You Totally Didn't "Get"

Day 16 of the 31 Day Film Challenge: A film that you totally didn't "get."

I realize that Ingmar Bergman is one of those directors whom I should revere and that a true cinephile would know and love all of his films. But to be honest, I don't know if I "get" some of his work. Take for example The Seventh Seal (1957). I "get" that death (Bengt Ekerot) walks on a beach and plays a game of chess with a knight (Max von Sydow) and that it's suppose to be an allegory, deep and meaningful. Yet I'm not sure why it's deep and meaningful. Maybe because it doesn't interest me enough to want to spend the time figuring it out. Sorry, death. I just don't "get" The Seventh Seal.

To find out more about the 31 Day Film Challenge, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...