26 July 2011

I Love Rock 'n Roll


Joan Jett and Deborah Harry. 


This photo reminds me of being a kid and listening to Joan Jett and the Blackhearts on the radio and that the first album I ever bought was Blondie's Parallel Lines. But most of all, it reminds me of just how cool these women were.

The year was 1978. Joan Jett and Deborah Harry were backstage at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia where the lineup included the Runaways, the Ramones, and the Jam. A year later, Blondie would have their first number one hit in the U.S. with Heart of Glass. Three years later Joan Jett would top the charts with her version of the Arrows' I Love Rock 'n Roll. I wonder if they knew then that they would become rock icons?

Photo by Scott Weiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...