30 July 2010

A Tub Full of Joy

Claudette Colbert in The Sign of the Cross.

One of the great joys of life is taking a long bath that leaves you feeling relaxed and smelling lovely. And so I'm always on the lookout for that perfect bath product. Earlier this year, while shopping at Space NK, I stumbled upon the British brand Lubatti and quickly fell in love with their Tuberose and Mimosa bath oil. 


I adore the smell of Tuberose (my favourite perfume is Robert Piguet's Fracas) and the combination of Tuberose with Mimosa is absolutely heavenly. After my first purchase, I read up on the company and learned that the products are based on recipes from the 1920s (no wonder I like it so much).

I'll admit to being overly generous with my use of bath products and go through bottles quickly. So you can imagine my dismay dear readers when I walked into Space NK last week only to find the shelves empty of any Lubatti products. The reason? They are no longer going to carry the brand (at least here in the States). I was completely gutted until one of the sales women told me that all of their remaining Lubatti was going to be available the following week at their private sale at a marked down price. So guess where I was early yesterday morning? At the shop, buying up the last bottles. I'm sure someone in New York will end up carrying Lubatti eventually. But in the meantime, I will try to be a bit more conservative with my bath oil although I can't make any promises.

1 comment:

  1. i guess you will have to come to europe to get it next time :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...